Middle Age Fun

My friend, Paul, is turning 40 on St. Patrick's Day. His wife (and my law school BFF, Lorraine) is throwing him an 80's themed, karaoke birthday party this weekend.  While it is "technically" Paul's party, Lorraine and I are having some serious fun-- designing invitations, menu planning and, of course, picking out our costumes on Colfax Avenue. omygod!

Well here is a sneak peek of my look.  I got my nails retrofied.  I went for the pointy 80s look and the color is, well 80s. I would describe it as sort of a pearly fuchsia.


Lookin' good.


When I showed my husband he said "looks pretty. Uhhh, are you wearing closed toed shoes?"  ---- referring to my chipped blue toe nail polish.  What a smart ass.  Anyway, back to my fingernails.  The real bonus of it all lies in the fact that the pointy shape nail  is coming back in style.  How do I know this for a fact?




Here is the evidence my friend.




Where were those weapons when Chris Brown attacked?


The nail lady did not seem to hear my request for points so they are more ovally than pointy.  Oh well.  Speaking of nails,  my little community has two Vietnamese nails salons (yeah) but not one Vietnamese restaurant (boo).  Why is that? I love Vietnamese food. 

My son, Chase made me some a few months ago.

Doesn't that look good? It was. 

And finally for a little fun, here is a picture of the cake my dad had made for my 40th birthday.


Thanks dad.  Unfortunately, the sentiment is true.